TERMS & CONDITIONS
Article 1 - Definitions
In these conditions the following is meant:
1. Reflection period: the period in which the consumer can make use of their right to revoke;
2. Consumer: any natural person who is acting for purposes which are outside his or her trade, business or profession.
3. Day: calender day;
4. Right to revoke: the right of the consumer to revoke the distance agreement within the reflection period;
5. Entrepreneur: the natural or rightful person who offer the products and/or services at a distance to consumers.
6. Distance agreement: an agreement between the entrepreneur and consumer closed under the organised system for distance selling of products, digital content and/or services, which until the closure of the agreement exclusively or partly makes use of one or more techniques for communications at a distance.
7. Written: under written is also included electronic communication, such as e-mail, provided that the identity of the sender and authenticity of the communication is sufficiently established.
Article 2 – Identity of the Entrepreneur
Kanaalweg 30, 3526 KM, Utrecht
Phone: +00 316 5049 3353
Chamber of Commerce registration number: 56952392
Article 3 - General
1. These terms and conditions apply on any offer of the entrepreneur and on any distance agreement reached between entrepreneur and consumer.
2. The agreement is established at the time the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
3. Entrepreneur immediately confirms receipt of the acceptance of the offer. Until the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
4. In exception to paragraph 2, the agreement is only concluded after the entrepreneur within the legal framework, has informed himself of the consumer’s ability to meet their payment obligations and other facts and factors that are important to a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. With good reasons the entrepreneur has the right not to conclude the agreement, to terminate or to impose special conditions on the agreement.
Article 4 – Right of Revocation
1. The consumer has the right to revoke the contractual agreement without giving reasons for such revoking within 14 days after receiving the product by the consumer or by the third party designated by the consumer.
2. During the reflection period the consumer will treat the product and packaging carefully. The consumer will only unpack or use the product to the extent to review the product. The principle here is that the consumer may only handle and inspect the product as how he would be allowed to in a store.
3. In case the consumer wishes to make use of the right of revocation, he shall report this within the revocation period by the standard form for revocation or in writing to the entrepreneur. Entrepreneur will immediately send a confirmation of this message.
4. The consumer will return the product as soon as possible, but within 14 days from the day following the provisions in paragraph 3.
5. Products must be returned with all accessories and in original state and packaging as much as possible in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
6. In case of revocation the consumer bears the costs and the risk of the return of the product.
7. Entrepreneur compensates the of the consumer received payments within 14 days after revocation.
Article 5 – Exclusion Right of Revocation
Right of revocation is excluded for products:
1. that are produced according to the consumers’ specifications;
2. that are of personal nature;
3. of which the price depends on fluctuations in the financial market on which the entrepreneur has no influence;
4. which quickly deteriorate or expire;
5. newspapers or magazines, with the exception of subscription to this.
Article 6 - Delivery
1. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer makes known to the entrepreneur.
2. The entrepreneur will deliver accepted orders within 30 days, unless a different delivery period is agreed. The entrepreneur will timely report delays in delivery.
3. If delivery occurs or can take place only after 30 days, the consumer has the right to terminate the agreement. Upon dissolution, the entrepreneur will refund the payments received from the consumer.
4. The risk of damage or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the time of delivery to the consumer or the third party designated by the consumer.
Article 7 – Complaints and Disputes
1. All agreements between entrepreneur and consumer to which these terms and conditions apply shall be governed exclusively by Dutch law.
2. Complaints on the execution of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur without delay, in their entirety and clearly defined, after the consumer has discovered the defect.
3. The at the entrepreneur submitted complaints will be answered within 14 days after receipt of the complaint. If a complaint can not be treated within 14 days, the entrepreneur will timely report this with an indication of when the consumer can expect a solution.